Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A deep and horrible secret

So I haven't written in awhile because I've been grappling with a soul eviscerating epiphany: I think I love Matthew McConaughey. While on vacation with my girlfriend Laura, we watched a little movie called "Failure to Launch," which I have always kept a contemptible distance from. We start watching it and damn, that is a great movie.

"Failure to Launch" never pretends to be anything other than what it is: a fun lighthearted comedy of manners. Take a well structured script and give it to actors who have great comedic timing, and usually something good will come of it. Combine that with some interesting gender role switching and competent, doesn't-call-attention-to-itself movie making and you're in business.

Anyway, now I'm determined to see any comedy I can with Matthew McGonaughey. Perhaps I'll take home "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment